Senior Web Developer, Egnyte, Mountain View, CA (March 2016 – Till Date)
- Develop email communications, responsive landing pages/templates and web pages from design comps for multi browsers and platforms (desktop, tablet and smartphone) that conform to brand guidelines and functional specifications using responsive design/development techniques and principles.
- Ensuring rendering consistency of email campaigns across multiple email clients and browsers using leading Campaign Management/Email Systems such as Marketo.
- Develop, Maintain and Monitor Egnyte’s WordPress Blog using PHP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap and jQuery.
- Managing version releases using SVN & GIT.
Software Applications Developer, Teachscape, Inc., San Francisco, CA (October 2010 – March 2016)
- Responsible for developing eLearning modules for K-12 and higher education markets using advanced HTML, CSS/CSS3 and jQuery.
- Responsible for developing pixel-perfect email layouts and landing pages using HTML and inline CSS.
- Responsible for optimizing and testing emails to ensure deliverability and quality rendering across multiple email clients and web browsers.
- Performing content and design updates for the company’s customer facing website.
- Debugging and troubleshooting code and implementing cross-browser compatibility on Windows and Macintosh platform.
Web Accessibility Evaluator, SFSU Accessible Technology Initiative, San Francisco, CA (October 2008 – June 2010)
- Conducted accessibility testing against US ADA Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 standards on 100+ SFSU’s department websites and web applications.
- Ran a user test using adaptive technologies such as JAWS and Dragon Naturally Speaking.
- Performed accessibility testing on popular Web 2.0 sites and evaluated automated accessibility tools.
- Created Accessible Adobe PDF documents.
Web Developer, California Department of Financial Institutions, San Francisco, CA (July 2008 – August 2008 & February 2009 – December 2009)
- Developed a whole new employee intranet.
- Enhanced and maintained the department’s customer facing website.
- Performed day-to-day content updates for both external and internal websites.
Technical / Administrative Support Assistant, SFSU Information Systems Projects, San Francisco, CA (September 2007 – September 2008)
- Designed, maintained, and updated the department’s customer facing website.
- Set up Test Bed and provided day-to-day hardware / software technical support.
- Created user support documentation for operational configurations, processes and procedures.
Technology Coordinator, California Campus Compact, Daly City, CA (August 2006 – August 2007)
- Maintained and updated the organization’s website.
- Maintained and updated the organization’s membership and hardware/software inventory database.
- Managed Listserv communication using Majordomo.
- Managed Web/Email/FTP accounts.
- Performed routine maintenance of software used on Windows and Macintosh systems.
- Responded to software and hardware technical issues of the organization.
Developer and Quality Assurance Engineer, Aptech Software Ltd, Mumbai, India (August 2004 – July 2005)
- Developed e-learning courseware for financial institutions.
- Executed test cases using standard QA methodologies (Black box testing) on Windows and Blackboard LMS.
- Documented detailed defects/bugs in the defect tracking report and tracked and verified previously reported defects/bugs.
- Proactively participated in maintaining team standards and best practices.
e-Learning Integrator, Lionbridge India, Mumbai, India (June 2003 – August 2004)
- Performed black box testing of web applications on Windows and Macintosh platform.
- Prepared easy-to-understand test cases.
- Worked closely with the development, program managers and stake holder’s through the software development cycle to deliver high quality applications.
- Developed e-learning courseware for educational and private institutions.
Technical Skill Set
- Programming Languages — Java, Python, C++ and C.
- Databases — PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, MS Access and FileMaker Pro 6.0.
- Web Servers — Apache, Tomcat, IIS.
- Web Development Tools — EditPlus, NetBeans, Eclipse, Firebug, YSlow and IE Developer Toolbar.
- Adobe Creative Suite — Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Flash.
- Versioning Applications — CVS and SVN.
- Operating Systems — Microsoft Windows, Mac OS 9.0 and X, Linux and Unix.
- Testing — Selenium IDE, Selenium Remote Control, Black Box Testing, Accessibility Testing and Preparing Test Cases.
Master’s in Computer Science (GPA: 3.55/4.0) – San Francisco State University – August 2010.
Courses taken comprised of:
- Internet Applications Design and Development (Java, HTML, CSS, jQuery, Python, PHP and MySQL)
- Software Development using Java
- Data Structures (Advanced C++)
- Introduction to Java Programming (Java Swing)
- Advanced Human Computer Interaction