Posts from the ‘HTML5’ Category
January 5, 2012
A one stop place which aggregates links to tutorials, tools, documentation, references, community and books on HTML5
- HTML5 Rocks — aggregates information on HTML5 and the latest web technologies and standards.
- Introduction to Chrome Developer Tools, Part One
- Best Practices for a Faster Web App with HTML5
- A Beginner’s Guide to Using the Application Cache
- Practical Guide to Take Your TODO List Offline
- A Simple Trip Meter using the Geolocation API
- Using the Notifications API [Chrome only]
- A Simple TODO list using HTML5 WebDatabases
- Quick Guide to Implementing the HTML5 Audio Tag
December 25, 2011
1) Aptana Studio 3
Core Features of Aptana Studio 3
- GIT Integration
- Integrated Debugger
- Built-in command line terminal for execution of operating system commands and language utilities
2) Aloha Editor — Learn More About Aloha Editor
4) BlueGriffon is a new WYSIWYG HTML5 editor. Powered by Gecko, the rendering engine of Firefox 4, BlueGriffon is a modern and robust solution to edit Web pages in conformance to the latest Web Standards. Because Gecko lives inside BlueGriffon, the document you edit will look exactly the same in Firefox 4. It’s free to download and is available on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
5) Mercury is a full featured HTML5 editor. Supports all browsers that have implemented the complete W3C contentEditable specification i.e., Firefox 4+, Chrome 10+, Safari 5+. Learn More about Mercury Editor
December 10, 2011
What is HTML5?
HTML5 is the next generation of HTML and will be the new standard for HTML, XHTML, and the HTML DOM.
HTML5 is not yet an official standard and is still a work in progress. Most modern browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer have some HTML5 support and are working towards adding new HTML5 features to their latest versions.
New Features in HTML5
- New content specific elements like header, nav, section, article, footer
- Video and audio elements for media playback.
- Form elements like email, calendar, date, time, url, search
- Support for local offline storage