December 24, 2015
What is a CSS Framework?
A CSS framework is a collection of CSS files that contain a set of simple CSS-styles such as basic typographic rules, grid-based/general layouts, basic form styling and resets.
Advantages of CSS Frameworks
- CSS Framework enables developers to rapidly prototype designs
- Standardizes the organizational structure of your website
- Web Developers don’t have to worry about browser-compatibility issues
Disadvantages of CSS Frameworks
- Web Developers need to understand the architecture of the CSS Framework
- CSS and XHTML go hand in hand, they need to be designed and constructed together. Using a CSS Framework passively removes a great majority of semantic value from the markup of a document.
- A CSS Framework might be too much for your website that you are designing which results in bloated source code. A large percentage of that code that will never be executed.